- If the printer is in sleep mode, press the sleep/wake button on the top right corner of the control panel. It will be glowing green when the printer is in sleep mode.
- Plug your thumb drive into the scanner. The USB port is on the lower left side.
- Press the scanner button.
- Select USB Memory from the menu.
- On the next menu select "Save to USB Memory". If you would like to save it to a particular folder on your thumb drive, highlight it in the list and press ok.
- Load your documents into the scanner and press the start button.
NOTE* If you get the error "Bad USB Memory" or something similar, its does not mean that your USB stick is bad, most likely it is not formatted correctly. If you get this message, please contact the tech staff to have your thumb drive properly formatted.